Our vehicles can either be hired on a self-drive basis, or we can supply a volunteer driver.
Our hire charges include fuel, insurance and breakdown rescue/recovery. The charge is primarily based on mileage and time, although a total fee can often be agreed up-front once the route, destination and timings are known. Discounts are available for regular bookings.
- The hirer must be a member of Wealden Wheels
- Charged at £1 per mile based on starting at our office in Pluckley and return
- Driver must be at least 25 years old
- Must have fewer than three penalty points on driving licence
- Must have licence entitlement D1. However, our nine-seater minibus can be driven on an ordinary car licence.
- We will need to do an online licence check at our office which takes about 10 minutes for which we’ll need your National Insurance number and postcode. Alternatively you can provide a ‘check code’ for our use at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- A brief vehicle familiarisation and test drive is given to all hirers
Hire with a Wealden Wheels Volunteer Driver
The majority of our members rely on us to provide a volunteer driver, in which case our charges are in the region of £1.60 - £1.80 per mile.
We aim to ensure our members always receive efficient, friendly and courteous service and will be delivered to their destinations safely and comfortably every time. Our vehicles are regularly checked for safety and road-worthiness, and our volunteer drivers are fully-trained and DBS (formerly CRB) checked. Many of our drivers also have received training in basic First Aid.
Our terms and conditions can be viewed here.